Saturday, September 25, 2010

Outliers...

I know what your thinking...."Where the heck is John going with this blog?" Well, Outliers is the title of the latest book I'm reading written by Malcolm Gladwell. The title may fool you into thinking it's a story about those kids in class that didn't quite fit in with the rest of the group, but it's nothing along those lines. It's a story that analyzes successful people, both individuals and groups, and explains how & why they achieved what they did. The author examines every aspect of these successful people including their birth date, ancestry, IQ, family background and their religion. I'm about 3/4 through the book and I can't wait to finish it. If your someone like myself, that isn't an avid reader, and looking for a book with depth and meaning but quick and easy to read, I recommend checking this one out. Some of the authors conclusions are a bit far-fetched but, if you go into it with an open mind, I think you'll find it to be thought provoking and enjoyable.

1 comment: