Monday, September 27, 2010

Boat Talk

It doesn't happen very often but, every now & then, I get the opportunity to pilot vessels other than your typical freight ships. Those opportunities came this past week when I was assigned to pilot the mega yacht Lady M into Cape May harbor New Jersey and last year aboard Johnny Depp's yacht Vajoliroja. The Lady M is a privately owned yacht that is 164 feet long, 30 feet wide and can be rented out for the very reasonable price of $180,000/1 week. The owner or passengers aboard the Lady M Yacht was unknown. The captain and crew however were very friendly and the trip was pleasant. Out of respect for the privacy of the vessel I didn't take many interior pictures but, I was able to get a few shots upon disembarking.

My few pics of Lady M




Internet photo of the Johnny Depp yacht I was on Vajoliroja - pronounced to sound like, "The Jolly Roger" (of course somehow lost my photos from phone). Although I don't believe he was on board when I was on..I did see one of his infamous hats hanging in the lounge. The interior had the feel of an old pirate ship with teak wood throughout, large wooden pirate ship wheel to steer, and many other 'themed' bells and whistles. The crew was very nice and gave me a shirt as a parting gift with the name/picture of the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment