Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back to the Desert

If you have been wondering if John and I disappeared from the blogging world and you were deprived of our 'Oh so facinating blogs,' you were WRONG! Well sorta. I went to Phoenix, Arizona for a little over 2 weeks and recently just returned! Unable to get my blogging down while there and you know John's blogging discipline was not there...we were in a lull! But we are backkk!
I went out to Phoenix early before Thanksgiving to help with my mom post surgery (Attempted to play Nurse Lori for 2 weeks). We weren't able to do too much since I was mostly watching her sleep and getting her medicine and food ready, but I had a great time just being with family that I dont get to see nearly enough! There were a lot of visitors, so that was always entertaining and my sister in law, Sabina, was a great hostess for us and made some FABULOUS dinners (and Mike too!) I loved spending that quality time with my 3 year old nephew Simon who although he says "No Auntie Lori" quite a bit, I know he loves me and we had a fun time! Even when we were eating dinner and he broke out from the couch with, "Celebrate Good times..come on!" LOL Where do they get this stuff?!
Towards the end of the trip, my mom was feeling better, and I was able to sneak in a few dinners with some old friends and do a little Last Chance Shoppping! (although they switched up the purse procedure again..so missed out on the good ones! UGH..next time I will be seasoned and ready!)
Love, love, love to see everyone and wish I could do so more often! There is just something special about your friends and family that you grew up with and they know you better than most..there is always a lot of laughing, reminiscing, and just catching up on life (which goes way too fast)!!
Poor John had to work Thanksgiving but he did an awesome job holding down the fort here at home and only managed to shrink one load of shirts!
Here are a few pics of Simon that I thought were so cute! And one pic of me out with the Rios sisters...our usual Thanksgiving get together.
Enjoy!
                                 
                                             

       
       

No comments:

Post a Comment