Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Found a little Piece of Home here in PA!


When looking for churches here in PA for John and I to start getting involved with, I came across a very familiar name.......Saints Simon and Jude in West Chester, PA! I wondered how it would compare to my own Saints Simon and Jude in Phoenix that I attended grades 1-8 and had such a fantastic experience. So we decided to give it a try a few weeks ago and guess what...its like a little piece of home! Pulling up, the school looks exactly the same..red one story brick buildings. The church is huge and has a large family following. The people are all very welcoming, and THEY SING THE SAME SONGS! lol. So we have been three times since. John thought at first all the 'sitting, standing, kneeling, and constant signs of the cross with repeating words after the priest' was interesting but since he has now attended quite a few masses with me he is really liking the services. Who knows, maybe my kids will be Saints Simon and Jude graduates one day too! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment